The Certification Criteria is set up for every product category. A product must meet the necessary standards to comply with the current product category, and then the product can be applied for Examination for Certifying Product.
For details, please refer "Guidance for Eco Mark"
Basic flow from application for the Eco Mark certification to the conclusion of a contract is explained below.
Please contact with the Eco Mark Office if applying for the “Service” category
(1) Application for Eco Mark Certification and Use (Form 2) -- 1 (one) application per an application product.
(2) "Registration of Applicant Information and a Person in Charge of License Fee Payment (Form 3-1)" and "Eco Mark Product Sales Report (Form 3-2)"
(Note) The person in charge of payment of the fee will be the contact for contract management and contact in charge of report of the sales of the Eco Mark certified products, payment of the Eco Mark license fee, etc. The person in charge of products may also be in charge of payment of the fee.
(3) Proof materials, attached certificates, etc. for explaining conformity
Formats of attached certificates, etc. can be downloaded on the webpage of each product category (https://www.ecomark.jp/nintei/)
(4) Design drawing for indication of the Eco Mark (its draft is acceptable)
Examination fee for Product certification must be paid along with the application. Please transfer the fee to the following nominated account and the copy of bank transfer details must be attached to per one copy of “Application form for Eco Mark Certification and Use” (form 2).
|Examination fee (tax included)
* In the case of electronic banking etc., a payment proof by an accounting person in charge etc. is a satisfactory document.
* When applying for more than one product, the payment can be made in one time.
* Any charge related to the transfer will be charged to sender.
* Application fee is not refundable for any reason whatsoever.
Eco Mark Fees
Besides the examination fee, the Eco Mark license fee shall be paid per year as specified in the fee provision based on the total sales of all the Eco Mark certified products.
The deadline date for submittal of application documents (date of arrival of the documents at the Eco Mark Office) will basically be the last day of each month.
Please file an application to Eco Mark Office by e-mail. Please use a file transfer or online storage if the attachment exceeds 25MB.
Criteria & Certification Section, Eco Mark Office
[office hour] Monday through Friday 09:30 - 17:30 (except for holidays as well as during the holiday season before and after New Year's Day)